a summer update: june


Well, it's almost the end of June, and I haven't kept up with this page or my adventures like I thought I would. Mostly because there really hasn't been much to update. 

I've had several Fridays off now, and most have been spent in a very chill manner - the usual sleeping in, coffee, slow start to the day with reading, journaling, catching up on shows and the like. 

I have used a lot of this time for creativity, which I haven't made time for before this in quite some time. I've started The Artfully Made Journal, which is a space for creatives - sharing stories, ideas and creativity. It's also allowed me the opportunity to chat with people I might not have otherwise. We've talked creating, following your passion and finding your place in the industry you want to be part of. 

It's been the summer of: 

  • Labubu keychain collecting - I'm waiting for mine to arrive (but have collected a few other Labubu-like items);
  • Drinking copious amounts of lemonade;
  • Writing, creating and sharing my projects;
  • Lilo & Stitch Live Action film; 
  • Trying new beauty products (skincare and makeup); 
  • Being incredibly annoyed with the heat, but still soaking it up and appreciating when I can; 
  • (FINALLY) a hair refresher (bangs and a few more layers, length cut off); 
  • Switching between reading on my Kindle and my physical stack of books; 
  • Celebrating Father's Day; 
  • Buying the new pajama sets; 
  • Binging new series releases and crime docs on streaming; 
  • Continuing to find hobbies, like pastel colors, Lifelines dot-by-letter, sticker collecting, wax sealing and stamping, reading 'zines...pretty much anything creative and artsy; 
  • Daydreaming and working on my potential novel that I've been thinking about and praying about; 
  • Reminiscing and holding onto moments of nostalgia from childhood; 
  • Spending time with friends and family when I can and schedules match; 
  • Working, planning and scheduling social media content, creating emails/newsletters, filling in as a photographer when needed while we're in the process of hiring; 
  • Eating ice cream; 
  • Spending more time outside, especially in the evenings when I take my dog out; and 
  • Staying up late - just about every night (my sleep schedule is always a bit wonky in the summer, since things are a bit more chill and I'm off on Fridays)






























That's my summer in a nutshell thus far. Not a lot of craziness just yet, but that's okay. Fun things are ahead, and I can't wait. I'm in no rush to make it to fall this year. I want to take in the slowness as much as I can. 


That's all for now (and hopefully I'll update a bit more in the weeks to come), 


Shelby






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seattle in Three Days

Three Days at The Happiest Place on Earth...Oh My!

First week of summer